Sunday, November 18, 2007

'Tis The Season To Feel Pretty

Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaa.

Around this time of year, our nation's thoughts turn to the holiday season. Turkeys are slaughtered, recipes are stolen off the Food Network web site, and billions of cranberries give up the ghost to produce a sauce that few people truly enjoy.

Seriously. If you like cranberry sauce so much, why do you only eat it at Thanksgiving?

Meanwhile, very little thought is given to our personal appearance. For example, I went shopping today with my friend Larue, without a STITCH of makeup on and my hair non-blow-dried. Plus, I was wearing the least flattering jeans in the whole world. These things even make my knees look bloated.

However, I did top this hot mess off with my kicky Harley Davidson jacket, which I love. Although, I've been told it isn't really me. As if! I am SOOOOO Harley.


But I digress.

So I decided, in honor of the season, my posts for Thanksgiving week are going to be all about stuff that makes us pretty. That's right; it's a week of beauty product testimonials! Items guaranteed to make you at least feel better, if not look better.

Today's product is the ONLY FOUNDATION I EVER REALLY LOVED. I've tried every single drug store brand, and one insanely expensive department counter brand (LancĂ´me Teint Idole Ultra, in case you were wondering), but this one is the best.

I give you Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder! Ta-Da! Cue the applause!

For $9.99, you get a .49 oz pot of powder and an attached buffing brush. If you are uber-pale like me, try the Translucent Light. In the summer when my face actually sees the sun, I mix in a little Buff Beige, which is the next color down the darkness scale. This helps match the powder to my ever-so-slightly-not-as-ghostly face.

How do you use Loose Powder? Simple: shake some of it into the holding tray, dip the brush into the (small amount of!) powder, and buff it onto your face. If you have a zit or other facial unpleasantness, stick your (clean!) finger into the powder and tap it on the blemish. It blends in and hides the boo-boo just like cover-up would.

The best part is that you can reapply as often as you want, without having to wash your face and start over. Plus, if you have oily skin (I do), this stuff will actually stay on without creating an oil slick on your T-zone. Lovely.

Product, Day One: Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder. It's also talc-free! Which, apparently, is important!

No comments: