Tuesday, April 1, 2008

For Your Viewing Pleasure


Tip Of The Day: Today’s post references today’s Fox 9 segment – cheap indoor water parks. Because far be it from me to NOT mention my weekly TV appearance. Also? My new favorite organic stuff that you can find at, where else, Target.

Tip For Tomorrow: Saving money for two great causes – Earth Day and the American Cancer Society. Learn how you can score beauty treatments and great gifts for cheap.

Further Elucidation Of My Cheap Deal: For all you diehard readers of my blog (I bet that numbers in the TENS. Of TENS. Whatever.), you may remember that I did a post about cheap indoor water parks in the TC back in January. And seeing as how winter is NEVER GOING TO END, that post is still as relevant today as it was two months ago.

My fourth Fox 9 segment is all about that post, and the water parks I found with entrance fees of $20 or less per person. If you want to read the original post, go here:
http://cheapbutnoteasy.blogspot.com/2008/01/cheaper-than-plane-ticket-and-valium.html.

I couldn’t fit all the parks from the post into the TV segment, so sorry Inver Grove Heights! You got bumped. Just like Matt Damon.

For more information about the water parks mentioned tonight, such as hours of operation and ticket prices, check out their links below:

Grand Rios, Brooklyn Center,
http://www.grandrios.com/waterpark/
The Depot, Minneapolis,
http://www.thedepotminneapolis.com/waterpark/?nav=top
Shoreview Community Center,
http://www.ci.shoreview.mn.us/CommunityCenter/CommunityCenter.html

Moving right along, Organic Beauty Products! Stuff we should use! Good for us and the environment! Makes Al Gore happy! And, tend to be expensive. However, the lovely folks at Target are trying to change that thinking by bringing to the masses (us) some of the less expensive organic beauty product lines.

You’ve been able to find Burt’s Bees at Target for years, but now they’ve added Juice Organics and Kiss My Face. Thank you, Bionic Beauty, for the tip-off! Kiss My Face does break my $20 barrier, but Juice Organics squeaks by with $19.99 products – which include a free sample of another product. Two for one! Love that.

Target (or, at least, the Target in Shoreview) also carries sample-sized bottle of Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap, in Peppermint and Lavender. Now, I’ve heard of Doc and his greatness before, but like Burt’s Bees, I thought it was all hype.

However, the $1.99 bottles of cuteness were impossible to resist, so I bought one. I figured I could dilute it with water and use it as hand soap. A genius idea I made up on the spot, to justify my purchase. My main concern was that I’d ruin the stuff by diluting it, thus wasting $1.99, plus tax.

If I had been smarter, or more diligent, or just PAYING ATTENTION, I would have noticed the writing on the label that said, more than once, DILUTE THIS PRODUCT. Because, hello? It’s supposed to be diluted, which is why a tiny bottle of soap for $1.99 isn’t a rip-off, it’s a cheap deal.

Anyhoo, I scurried home with my purchase and diluted away. One teensy bottle made a whole big soap container of yummy-smelling hand soap. Also? It doesn’t dry out your skin. No, seriously, I’m not lying here. I washed my hands, and then didn’t have to put on hand lotion. THAT NEVER HAPPENS. In short, this stuff is wonderful. Totally worth the hype and the $1.99.

For more hype about Dr. Bronner’s, check this info out. His soap is Certified Fair Trade, as well as being organic. And the soap cleanses your skin with oils, not harsh detergents, so that dirt dissolves without stripping your skin dry. Best of all, there are apparently 18 different uses for the soap. So you’re getting 18 products for the price of one. If that isn’t frugal, I’ll eat my shorts. Figuratively speaking, of course.

If you want to buy big bottles of the Doc, Target has them available (with even more yummy scents) on their web site. Or you can check out Doc’s site here:
http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm. Enjoy!

No comments: