Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

What I'm thankful for:

1. The love, support, and super cheap shopping tips from my family and friends.
2. My health, and the health of everyone around me. Being sick is too damn expensive.
3. My nephew, Piglet.
4. Hot Australian men, especially Julian MacMahon and Alex O'Laughlin. Pretty.
5. The hot dancers on Dancing with the Stars, especially Maks. Pretty, squared.
6. Another year on this earth, to laugh, love and shop my ass off.

Lucky Number 7:
My new eye cream! Yes, you CAN be thankful for eye cream, especially when it works well and costs less than $20. Anything that makes you feel young and pretty should be lauded on high.
I bought L'Oreal Paris Advanced RevitaLift Eye Cream last night, post-pre-turkey workout. It's not what I wanted; what I WANTED was the new Sunsilk Winter Care line, but although it is snowing here in Minnesota, the stuff has yet to hit our stores. Perhaps we'll get it by spring.
Back to the cream, though - it's got Pro-Retinol (which we all know and love) and a Marine Complex, which is apparently good for your skin. Who new?
It absorbs quickly, moisturizes well, and doesn't feel greasy. Or drying, which (oddly enough) some eye creams can. The best part is that it only costs $16.49. Take that, over-priced Oil of Olay!
I don't know yet if it will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; only time (4 weeks) will tell. But my under-eyes already look less crêpe-y, and for that, I am thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that eye cream sounds great and oil olay makes me break out like a thirteen year old eating junk food.

The Cheap Chick said...

It must be the oil in the olay that does it. I just refuse to pay that much for it. It's insulting!